Make your dollar stretch further….Keep on reading… to find out how to save for your dream wedding.
- Look at your housing budget. Is there something you can remove temporarily or remove altogether.
- Take out cable and only use Netflix/Hulu
- Have a garage sale. Use the profits for your wedding
- Consolidate your debt, particularly student loans
- Refinance your home for a lower interest rate
- Find local inexpensive entertainment
- Attend free events and festivals
- Utilize the local library
- Movies in the park
- Cook and pack your own meals
- Use coupons
- Start a garden. Grow your favorite veggies and fruits
- Use a credit card (as long as you can pay off the balance each month) that has rewards points and redeem those points for cash or travel
- Start small by saving $5 a week, then after a month or so save $10 a week (or paycheck) and keep increasing each month or every other month soon the cost will add up.
- $5 a week for 3 months = 60
- $10 a week for 3 months = 120
- $15 a week for 3 months = 180
- $20 a week for 3 months = 240
Based off of a 4 week month
That equals a $600 a year saving. That could pay for a DJ and decorations *In the Boise, ID area.
Happy planning and saving,